[cl-gtk2-devel] Odd hangs when resizing

Kalyanov Dmitry kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:53:44 UTC 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010 15:47:49, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 13:14, Kalyanov Dmitry
>
> <kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 February 2010 05:24:01, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> >> Needless to say, this kind of bug makes it rather impossible to do
> >> anything. Has anyone else seen anything like that? The test is
> >> trivial, just run the gtk-hello example and minimise and restore the
> >> window. For me it comes back completely gray and stops responding to
> >> anything. The same happens actually any time the window loses focus at
> >> all. I'm utterly stumped, as I have no idea how to debug it. It's
> >> impossible to touch it from the Lisp side, and trying to attach GDB to
> >> SBCL ends with SBCL dying, which doesn't help matters.
> >
> > I've also encountered similar behaviour (but not hanging) but could not
> > yet find its cause. Also similar behavior happens in CCL on Windows.
>
> Is it reproducible for you? Here it happens every time. I haven't had
> the chance to test it on another system yet, so I don't know if it has
> something to do with the particulars of my box, or if it happens
> always.
>
> Cheers,
> Maciej

I've noticed that resizing windows to small sizes makes everything slower and
laggy. But simply running gtk-demo:demo and
moving/resizing/minimizing/maximizing windows does not hang or crash on any of
my systems (x86_64 gentoo sbcl, ccl; x86 ubuntu sbcl, ccl; x86 windows sbcl,
ccl).

----
Кальянов Дмитрий