[cl-gtk2-devel] Subclassing GtkWidget

Olof-Joachim Frahm Olof.Frahm at web.de
Thu Apr 15 22:39:13 UTC 2010

Hi, the title says it: I'm having problems trying to understand how to
create a subclass of a widget.  In C the corresponding code would set
the class methods like
> widget_class->realize = ...
etc. and in python one'd implement the corresponding methods, so what do
I have to implement to achieve this?

Looking through the source code and following the todo list on the
project page I'm currently assuming that the necessary definitions are
not yet complete (?) and although for example I've successfully adapted
the native GtkTreeModel implementation for my own data model, I'm a bit
at loss how to proceed here.

So what would help me are some directions either what macros/definitions
to use, or what parts need to be implemented to get native widgets, so I
could contribute there.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Olof

--