[cl-gd-devel] Loading Images from Pointers

Christoph Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 14:18:26 UTC 2010

> I now understand what you're trying to do.  Here is my take on it:
>
> - Accessing a byte vector as C vector is compiler specific.  A
> portable solution would allocate some memory using UFFI's interface to
> malloc, copy the data to that memory buffer using a lisp loop and
> memory accessor functions, call the required gdCreate* function and
> finally free the malloced buffer.

cffi:foreign-alloc seems to have an argument :initial-contents,
according to what lispbuilder-sdl does. So there should be no need to
perform this loop by hand.

The main problem I have now is that I get strange error messages about
"unknown alien functions" when trying to use def-function (which I
found in gd-uffi.lisp). The function is definitely there, but seems
like uffi cannot find it or something (I am not familiar with uffi).