[cl-gd-devel] Loading Images from Pointers

Christoph Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 02:37:31 UTC 2010

Hello.

I have so far been using Lisp-Magick for two reasons: On the one hand,
I didnt know that GD can stretch images, on the other hand, cl-gd
doesnt support reading images from memory. Well, at least according to
[1] there is a function which can do this in libgd, but seems like
this isnt implemented in cl-gd yet. This is in fact the only thing
keeping me from using CL-GD by now. I would like to use it instead of
lisp-magick, since lisp-magick seems not to be well-maintained by now,
and I already have to use a few of my personal patches to it. Anyway,
I am not very familiar with uffi and stuff, I just tried to use
cl-gd::def-function, but didnt really suffice.

Is there any way of getting this function work with CL-GD?

Regards
Christoph Senjak

[1] http://libgd.org/ImageCreation#gdImageCreateFromPngPtr.28int_size.2C_void_.2Adata.29_.28FUNCTION.29