[cl-gd-devel] images from binary data

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Apr 28 13:13:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:08:47 +0200, "Ryszard Szopa" <ryszard.szopa at gmail.com> wrote:

> CL-GD makes it very easy to output images as bytes to streams.
> However, I haven't noticed any solutions for doing the opposite,
> that is to create a picture from binary data (all the macros want
> either strings or pathnames). How would I do it? Is it going to be
> very difficult? What are the caveats?

The reason this is not in there is that CL-GD is basically just a
pretty thin layer atop the original GD library and at the time it was
written this functionality obviously didn't exists in GD.  That was
some time ago and maybe it's in there now.  I haven't kept track in
the last years.  Short of using temporary intermediate files I
wouldn't know how to do what you want in portable CL based on the
current CL-GD code.

Cheers,
Edi.