[cl-gd-devel] :convert-chars of draw-freetype-string

Jong-won Choi jc at itsec.co.kr
Thu Mar 29 22:15:02 UTC 2007

I don't know much about gd and cl-gd and currently I don't understand
what :convert-chars does so I'm trying to understand it.

When I tried utf-8 Korean string with test-020, it did not render
characters correctly.
But if I set ':convert-chars nil' all the characters rendered correctly.

I guess maybe gd itself handles non-ascii characters correctly(if this
is true, maybe the :convert-chars can be removed from the function)

Please use Korean string "커먼리습" (utf-8 encoded) for "Common Lisp",
install ttf-unfonts package(Ubuntu and Debian), and use
"/usr/share/fonts/truetype/unfonts/UnBatang.ttf" to exercise it with
test-020.

Thanks

Jong-won Choi