[chicago-lisp] Hello!

Brian Downing bdowning at lavos.net
Sat Mar 5 17:59:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:18:41AM -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
> My biggest complaint with LISP and LISP learning materials in particular
> was this: the materials show examples of how to write programs to
> compute Fibonnacci numbers, or primes, or how to write a LISP interpreter.
>
> However, they don't show you how to write a program to (for example)
> sort a file and write it back to disk - or to act as a terminal program
> - or how to interact with a SQL database - or how to read from the
> passwrod file.  In short, anything that interacts with the outside world
> is ignored by such luminaries as Winston and Horn's LISP book.

Welcome,

How about a web-based MP3 browser with Shoutcast server?

Practical Common Lisp:  http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/
Also available in dead-tree form very soon.

(Also, http://www.cliki.net/, a CL Wiki, and
http://www.common-lisp.net/, a sourceforge-alike for useful CL
projects.)

-bcd
--
*** Brian Downing <bdowning at lavos dot net>