Quicklisp CFFI doesn't load on Raspberry PI

Martin Kielhorn kielhorn.martin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:54:38 UTC 2016

Hi Liam,

here are the *features*:

pi at raspberrypi:~$ sbcl
This is SBCL 1.3.2, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* *features*

(:QUICKLISP :SB-BSD-SOCKETS-ADDRINFO :ASDF-PACKAGE-SYSTEM :ASDF3.1 :ASDF3
 :ASDF2 :ASDF :OS-UNIX :NON-BASE-CHARS-EXIST-P :ASDF-UNICODE
:ALIEN-CALLBACKS
 :ANSI-CL :ARM :ARM-VFP :ARM-VFPV2 :ASH-RIGHT-VOPS :COMMON-LISP :ELF
 :FP-AND-PC-STANDARD-SAVE :GENCGC :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :LARGEFILE
 :LINKAGE-TABLE :LINUX :LITTLE-ENDIAN :MULTIPLY-HIGH-VOPS
 :OS-PROVIDES-BLKSIZE-T :OS-PROVIDES-DLADDR :OS-PROVIDES-DLOPEN
 :OS-PROVIDES-GETPROTOBY-R :OS-PROVIDES-POLL :OS-PROVIDES-PUTWC
 :OS-PROVIDES-SUSECONDS-T :PACKAGE-LOCAL-NICKNAMES :PRECISE-ARG-COUNT-ERROR
 :SB-DOC :SB-EVAL :SB-LDB :SB-PACKAGE-LOCKS :SB-SOURCE-LOCATIONS :SB-TEST
 :SB-UNICODE :SBCL :STACK-ALLOCATABLE-CLOSURES
:STACK-ALLOCATABLE-FIXED-OBJECTS
 :STACK-ALLOCATABLE-LISTS :STACK-ALLOCATABLE-VECTORS :SYMBOL-INFO-VOPS :UNIX
 :UNWIND-TO-FRAME-AND-CALL-VOP)

Also here is the exact git commit of SBCL that I compiled:

pi at raspberrypi:~/lisp/sbcl-1.3.2$ git log
WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
commit 03aaa5303de3f850ad89d646469dc8ec2a490726
Author: Douglas Katzman <dougk at google.com>
Date:   Thu Feb 18 21:31:36 2016 -0500

    Remove cargo-cultish definition of fasteval's %EVAL.

    Unlike for 'full-eval' it is unhelpful to inline %%EVAL,
    since most inner evaluations happen within pre-digested forms
    (and in fact *EVAL-VERBOSE* doesn't even work for those).

The system is Raspberry PI 2 Model B V1.1.

pi at raspberrypi:~/lisp/sbcl-1.3.2$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva
idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xc07
CPU revision    : 5

processor       : 1
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva
idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xc07
CPU revision    : 5

processor       : 2
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva
idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xc07
CPU revision    : 5

processor       : 3
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva
idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0