expand-into-foreign-memory query

Chris Bagley chris.bagley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:35:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am working on a project where I believe the overhead of the call to
translate-into-foreign-memory is starting to be an issue & as such I'm
looking into implementing expand-into-foreign-memory.

Before starting on this I thought I would ask if this feature would be
welcome in cffi and also if there are any fundamental reasons this
would not work.

So far I have been reading the source for expand-from-foreign and
expand-to-foreign and it seems that expand-into-foreign-memory would
be fairly similar. Also from the comments in mem-set it looks like this
feature was intended at some point.

As ever thankyou for the awesome work on this project and I hope I can
give something back to it soon.

Cheers,
Baggers