CFFI govels size_t into :sizet

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:28:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> I fear that will not do what you want:
>
>> (asdf:version-satisfies "3.1.2.rc" "3.1.2")
> NIL
>
> The RC there for some reason is breaking the match:
>
> R> (asdf:version-satisfies "3.1.2" "3.1.2")
>
> This smells to me like a bug in ASDF:VERSION-SATISFIES, but we won't be
> able to get a fix into ASDF in time to let this work for QL + CFFI.

Using "999" or something like that might be distinguishing enough that
we don't need a suffix. Allowing suffixes of some sort sounds useful,
but we don't need it.

(Meanwhile, I've read your other replies.)

(defmethod asdf:version-satisfies ((c (eql (asdf:find-system :cffi)))
                                   version)
  (declare (ignore version))
  (or (null (asdf:component-version c))
      (call-next-method)))

How unwise is this? :-)

> Is there some reason you can't just bump x.y.z to x.y.z.xx :version in
> your cffi.asd file and push that?

I don't like committing version bumps, so CFFI's current setup creates
a tag and sets the system version on the release tarball only.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/