tweak for cffi-grovel::trim-whitespaces?

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:51:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I traced INVOKE, and UIOP/RUN-PROGRAM:RUN-PROGRAM.
> >
> > The problem originates in reading the output of
> > uiop/run-program:run-program.  Here are the trace outputs for
> > (CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE "pkg-config.exe" "--version"):
> >
> >  <1 UIOP/RUN-PROGRAM:RUN-PROGRAM returned 3 values :
> >  <1      NIL
> >  <1      NIL
> >  <1      0
> > <0 CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE returned 3 values :
> > <0      NIL
> > <0      NIL
> > <0      0
> >
> > For some reason, the output of pkg-config is not being read.
> >
> > I will play with CCL:run-program to get output out of it, and then trace
> > this back to uiop and invoke.
>
> Good job. Thanks for debugging this. Perhaps Faré can chime in since
> he touched this code last. (I've cced him.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Luís Oliveira
> http://kerno.org/~luis/

To augment: this is not just a Windows+CCL issue.  On Windows+SBCL I get
the same behavior:

CL-USER> (trace cffi-toolchain:invoke uiop/run-program:run-program)
(CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE UIOP/RUN-PROGRAM:RUN-PROGRAM)
CL-USER> (CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE "pkg-config.exe" "--version")
  0: (CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE "pkg-config.exe" "--version")
; pkg-config.exe --version
    1: (UIOP/RUN-PROGRAM:RUN-PROGRAM ("pkg-config.exe" "--version") :OUTPUT
                                     :INTERACTIVE :ERROR-OUTPUT
:INTERACTIVE)
    1: UIOP/RUN-PROGRAM:RUN-PROGRAM returned NIL NIL 0
  0: CFFI-TOOLCHAIN:INVOKE returned NIL NIL 0
NIL
NIL
0

Mirko