RFC on plans to implement a c2ffi->cffi generator

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Fri Dec 11 17:09:46 UTC 2015

> Not to put too much emphasis on this issue, which is decidedly minor,
> but converting json to a (compile-file friendly) s-exp representation
> should be fairly trivial, right? Again, minor detail. ;-)

i'm not sure i understand you Luis (especiall "compile-file
friendly"), but it sounds like i should, because you're suggesting a
solution that may be better.

are you saying that the json output could be converted to some sexp
form with a macro on the top, so that the macro could expand into the
cffi definitions? and this file should be the one that gets checked in
to the repos, not the json file? (as opposed to generating a
standalone tmp lisp file from the json file holding the cffi
definitions in the ASDF fasl cache; which is done already)

cl-json itself reads it into alists, so it shouldn't be hard... but
what would we gain? one slight drawback would be that M-. would take
us to the big toplevel macro, not the actual cffi definition.

anything i'm not aware of?

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39