[cffi-devel] always recompile with "asdf:load-system"

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:08:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:25 AM, iso <noncopyable at gmail.com> wrote:
> After updating to new version (via quicklisp) i first had issues with my
> grovel file.
> I used to be able to reference types defined outside of grovel file, now i
> can't.
> I am not sure if it was a bug or a feature but somehow it compiled before!
> Anyways, after modifying a few things it is now working.

Can you expand on this issue? Did you have foreign types defined in
some file A then referenced from some grovel file B without having B
depend on A?

> My real problem is whenever i load a system based on cffi, project always
> compiles.
> With or without a change in the project. This is also started happening
> with the new version.
> I suspect it might be about grovel, loaded a few projects that is based on
> cffi, one uses cffi-grovel (static-vectors) the other one doesn't
> (cl-opengl). cl-opengl compiles at first time and then loads. cffi-grovel
> always compiles.

I'll try to reproduce this. Can you give me detailed instructions on
how to reproduce the problem? That'd be rather helpful.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/