Example with sprintf & %f from cffi manual crashes clisp on cygwin

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 14:44:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > The following example from section 10 of the cffi documentation is
>> > causing a segmentation fault on clisp on cygwin:
>>
>> The varargs support in CFFI makes some assumptions that might not be
>> true on Windows, I suppose. Is this x86 or x86-64?
>>
>> It's complicated:
> - The machine is X86-64 running Windows 7
> - I am using clisp 2.48 which is part of the cygwin distribution
> - cygwin is 32-bit
> - I assume that clisp is also 32 bit
> - The version of gcc (for what it's worth) is 4.5.3
>
> Mirko

Your comment brings to mind another issue I had.  I was trying to fetch a
signed integer 32 variable that contained error codes.  But I was getting
large negative numbers.  I only got reasonable results when I set the cffi
code to look for an unsigned integer 32 variable.  Maybe the two issues are
related.

Mirko