[cffi-devel] CFFI-GROVEL ASDF integration

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Nov 4 19:03:32 UTC 2012

On 11/4/12 Nov 4 -11:01 AM, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Mark Cox <markcox80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is an issue with the ASDF component of CFFI-GROVEL when running on ECL. The problem stems from ASDF:OUTPUT-FILES returning two items. The attached patch hopes to handle this situation.
>
> I haven't touched this code in quite while and I don't remember
> exactly what's going on. Why is ASDF:OUTPUT-FILES returning two items?

ASDF:OUTPUT-FILES is allowed to return a second value which, if true,
indicates that the output files should NOT be relocated.

>From the ASDF manual:

@item @code{output-files}
The @code{output-files} method determines where the method will put its
files.
It returns two values, a list of pathnames, and a boolean.
If the boolean is @code{T} then the pathnames are marked
not be translated by enclosing @code{:around} methods.
If the boolean is @code{NIL} then enclosing @code{:around} methods
may translate these pathnames, e.g. to ensure object files
are somehow stored in some implementation-dependent cache.

Best,
Robert