[cffi-devel] Git repositories for CFFI

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Sat Mar 31 23:53:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Liam Healy wrote:

> The CFFI web page http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/ points to the git repository http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/cffi/cffi.git, but that is no longer the official git repository for CFFI, it is on github now.  The cl.net
> repo is severely out of date (master looks OK, but the  fsbv branch is ancient and libffi doesn't even show).  The web page should point to github, and the cl.net repo should either be deleted or synced up with github.

Would it be possible for you to get push access to cl.net, rather than
having the rest of us start following a different repository?

I understand Zach's post recommending Github; but unfortunately Github
encourages a fractured community, leading to messages like yours (hey
everybody, look over here) and almost caracitured by Cyrus.

http://cyrusharmon.org/blog/display?id=121

Installing gitolite on cl.net would make git hosting much easier for end
users to manage.  Keeping everything in one place, where trusted admins
can add and remove users, should be more conducive to community
development.

Imagine if SBCL changed repositories or even websites depending on whether
Christophe or Juho was rolling the release...  Stability and
predictability are virtues.

- Daniel