[cffi-devel] cffi:load-foreign-library error on Clozure Cl

Frank Goenninger frgo at me.com
Mon Jan 23 10:19:36 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

Am 21.01.2012 um 22:02 schrieb bob:

> Hi,
>
> I am not able to load any dll library using the cffi:load-foreign-library function. I have tried using working dlls libcairo.dll, zlib1.dll, .. all of which have been working perfectly in other softwares. I have tried using win32 as well as win64 versions. This is the trace:
>
> Unable to load foreign library (LIBRARY-205).
>   Error opening shared library libpng14-14.dll : %1 is not a valid Win32 application. .
>    [Condition of type CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]

Hm - never seen this particular kind of error message but the nature of it points to a problem finding the DLL. Where is libpng14-14.dll located?
What does cffi:*foreign-library-directories* say?

Also, you could use

(load-foreign-library '( :default "libpng14-14" ))

to load the DLL.

> Should it be 'cause I am using x64 version of Clozure Cl ?

Most probably not.

Hope that helps.

Frank