[cffi-devel] Linking CL to fortran-77 via cffi

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 02:19:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

Several projects (lla, blapack among them) link common lisp (cl) to fortran
77 (f77)code.  Unfortunately, being totally unfamiliar with cffi, I was
having trouble using those packages to learn how to link cl to other f77
code.

To learn more about calling f77 code from CL, I assembled a bunch of simple
examples (using cygwin+clisp+gfortran).to show how to pass values of
various types to f77.

I have put up the examples on https://github.com/mirkov/cffi-f77.  I tried
to add enough documentation to make the package easily understandable.

I hope this proves useful to others.  I would appreciate comments regarding
errors and improvements.

And, as always, thanks for cffi :-)

Mirko