[cffi-devel] CFFI foreign library error pathname patch

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:35:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> The use-case I had in mind was an environment that caught the error and
> offered a useful action, e.g. "install the library via
> apt/homebrew/macports/etc and continue".

OK, and so you'd like to get a hold of
"/maybe/some/path/to/libfoo.so.x" or whatever. Hmm, so maybe in
try-foreign-library-alternatives we could store the first alternative
since that should usually be something like "libfoo.so.x".

What do you think Stelian? (Also, did I miss any other improvements
introduced by this patch?)

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/