[cffi-devel] CFFI foreign library error pathname patch

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 11:21:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:
> Xach requested better error reporting from load-foreign-library, so
> please review this patch

So now we consistently get a load-foreign-library-error instead of
getting a simple-error for some of the errors. Storing the pathname in
the error seems like a good idea too. Is there a specific use-case
that motivated that change? I'm asking because it's not populated
correctly in the try-foreign-library-alternatives case, and it's not
clear what should go there in that case. Perhaps we should store
something else? (The foreign-library object perhaps?)

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/