[cffi-devel] offer of code contribution - with-array-as-foreign-pointer

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Sun Sep 12 18:41:01 UTC 2010

You might also want to take a look at foreign-array in Grid Structured
Data (GSD), which uses iolib and is built around Tamas's "AFFI"
(affine).  GSLL uses it extensively, and we are working on porting
other libraries.  Formerly, I had built foreign array access on ffa,
but iolib is more portable.  Also, I've come to think that seeing the
same array from both the Lisp and foreign side is not all that
important; with grid:gref you reference the foreign element just like
aref.  However I can imagine if you use CL array functions and foreign
code together, this would be handy.

http://repo.or.cz/w/gsd.git
http://common-lisp.net/project/gsll/

The gsll-devel mailing list is a good place to bring up issues as this
is under ongoing development.

Liam