[cffi-devel] Digitool MCL support for CFFI (was Re: [info-mcl] ? cffi)

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 05:21:37 UTC 2010

Hi, CFFI developers

Digitool MCL was a old&famous Common Lisp implementation on PPC Mac OS. Recently it was ported into Intel Mac OS X by running in Rosetta (a PPC emulator by Apple). So there're people still using this platform even when Clozure CL is a better choice.

Attach is two patches, one is a CFFI MCL support patch made by James Anderson, the other is a trivial patch for MCL support of trivial-features made by me. With these two patch, CFFI can now be loaded into Digitool MCL.

This work seems work with James' own project which is based on CFFI. But CFFI-TESTS cannot run at this time, because ASDF:RUN-SHELL-COMMAND doesn't support MCL (I don't know how to fix this right now). IOlib also cannot work in MCL because Gray Streams wasn't supported by MCL yet ...

However, I hope CFFI maintainer could merge this patch and let other MCL users help improving exist work.

Chun Tian (binghe)

在 2010-9-28,06:41, james anderson 写道: