[cffi-devel] Set :dlopen-flags to :global-lazy in %load-foreign-library in lispworks?

HUANG, Jianshi huang at msi.co.jp
Thu May 14 08:22:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a change to %load-foreign-library in lispworks.

:dlopen-flags in fli:register-module is default to :local-lazy, which
means setting RTLD_LOCAL || RTLD_LAZY flag when calling dlopen. This
will not allow me to open shared libraries in sequential that depends
on previously loaded ones.

So I suggest to set :dlopen-flags to :global-lazy as default in %
load-foreign-library in cffi-lispworks.lisp.

The code will look like:

(defun %load-foreign-library (name path)
  "Load the foreign library NAME."
  (fli:register-module (or name path) :connection-style :immediate
                       :real-name path
+		       :dlopen-flags :global-lazy))

P.S.
Here's the Lispworks documentation: