[cffi-devel] Possible regression in use-foreign-library

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Tue Dec 22 16:59:55 UTC 2009

> If the glue library is available then *lispbuilder-sdl-audio* is added
> to *features*. If *lispbuilder-sdl-audio* is not available then you
> have to use lispbuilder-sdl-mixer for sound. Right now the sdl-glue
> library has been built for Windows only. I still have to create a
> makefile for linux.

The point is that your code relies on use-foreign-library signaling an
error if the glue library cannot be loaded, but that's not the same
thing
as it non being there.

On Linux, use-foreign-library returns fine even if the library doesn't
exist which means that :lispbuilder-sdl-audio is always pushed to
*features* and that causes errors about undefined alien functions when
running examples.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib