[cffi-devel] ECL 9.4.X now has support for "long long" on x86.

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:21:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
<jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the main new features of ECL 9.4 is its support for C type "long long" on Intel x86.
>
> Here is a patch against CFFI 0.10.4 that gives access to this long awaited foreign type.

I tried your patch on x86-64 and it fails a lot of the "long long"
tests. Did you run the test suite?

16 out of 192 total tests failed: FUNCALL.LONG-LONG,
FUNCALL.VARARGS.DOUBLE, DEFCFUN.LONG-LONG,
   DEFCFUN.NOOP, DEFCFUN.VARARGS.FLOAT, DEFCFUN.VARARGS.DOUBLE,
   FOREIGN-GLOBALS.REF.LONG-LONG, FOREIGN-GLOBALS.SET.LONG-LONG,
   DEREF.LONG-LONG, DEREF.UNSIGNED-LONG-LONG, DEREF.NONCONST.LONG-LONG,
   DEREF.NONCONST.UNSIGNED-LONG-LONG, STRING.ENCODING.UTF-16.BASIC,
   STRING.ENCODINGS.ALL.BASIC, MISC-TYPES.STRING+PTR,
   MISC-TYPES.WRAPPER.

Had to disable the callback tests altogether. (In any case, ECL says
it doesn't long-long for callback return types.) I've attached the
patch I used.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/