[cffi-devel] Weird segfaults interfacing with libsane

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 14:54:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Rupert Swarbrick
<rswarbrick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> However, I tried starting up sbcl with gdb and it was a bit too
> unpleasant - gdb reported about 5 [1] segfaults per line in the repl,
> but everything carried on working (well until I loaded my test2.lisp
> file [2]).

<http://sbcl-internals.cliki.net/gdb> contains some (possibly
outdated) tips. Also, I noticed that libsane seems to have a lot of
debug statements along its code. I suggest you build a version of
libsane with those enabled. Since your program is segfaulting very
quickly, that should help in identifying the problem.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/