[cffi-devel] trouble loading dll via cff:use-foreign-library

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:04:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/02/2008, Mirko.Vukovic at gmail.com <Mirko.Vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Unable to load any of the alternatives:
>  >    ("/bin/cyggsl-0.dll")
>  >    [Condition of type LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]
>
>  What does (cffi:load-foreign-library "/bin/cyggsl-0.dll") tell you?
>
>  --
>  Luís Oliveira
>  http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/

Luis,

Doing a (cffi:load gives:

EVAL: variable LIBGSL has no value
   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-UNBOUND-VARIABLE]

(I am doing this in emacs+slime)

I tried (type-of libgsl) at the top level and got the same message.

But doing (cffi:use-...) still gives the same message (unable to load).

gsl comes with documentation.  I am trying to build its simple example
in c using the shareable dll to verify that it is working.  It will
take me a bit to get that right (I'm not fluent in c)

Thanks,

Mirko