[cffi-devel] asdf-install

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Aug 7 16:28:11 UTC 2008

Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Luke Crook <luke at balooga.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a proposal anywhere in Lisp land to either replace asdf-install or
>> fix it?
>
> Clornucopia sounds promising.
> <http://trac.clozure.com/clornucopia/wiki/ClornucopiaDevel>

FWIW, it's important to point out that this is not on the near horizon,
so it is not a substitute for the use of ASDF-install.

Personally, since I use Allegro at least as much as SBCL, and because I
don't use SBCL-style assumptions about library locations, I find
ASDF-install much more comfortable than clbuild, which seems like the
only short-horizon alternative (besides using the revision control
systems, which doesn't work terribly well when there are cross-library
dependencies).  If I get back to using CFFI, I'll have a whack at making
it work again with asdf-install.

best,