[cffi-devel] asdf-install

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:22:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Xristos Kalkanis <ccalca at essex.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there a reason that asdf-install is
> "not as recommendable"?
[...]
> The latest cffi release does not install cleanly
> with asdf-install

I guess that's why I wouldn't recommend it. It pulls way too many
dependencies, tries to compile every system in advance, most
developers don't use it themselves, etc. I agree that a
repository/system stable release is useful but I don't think
asdf-install is an adequate solution.

In any case, by the time asdf-install fails, it has already downloaded
all of the dependencies required by CFFI, so it's somewhat usable.

> as Stefil is not on cliki and can
> not be installed. Can this get fixed ?

I did add it to cliki at one point, but it depends on Swank. I'm not
sure how to add the latter to cliki. If you have a solution, please go
ahead and fix it.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/