[cffi-devel] Merging the cffi+lotsastuff branch; new dependencies

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 23:02:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'd like to merge cffi+lotsastuff[1] with the main branch soon. People
have started using that branch in several projects and that has
generated unnecessary confusion. This branch includes the following
new features:

  - efficient external-format support for foreign strings
  - cffi-grovel
  - emulated long-long types
  - other minor stuff

The only problem is that this branch brings in 3 new dependencies:
babel[2], trivial-features[3] and alexandria[4]. Is this a big
problem? I hope it isn't and I'll do the merge soon unless there are
any objections.

[1] http://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/darcs/cffi+lotsastuff/
[2] http://www.cliki.net/trivial-features
[3] http://common-lisp.net/project/babel/