[cffi-devel] defcallback has to be invoked on every run? yes? no?

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Fri May 19 21:39:19 UTC 2006

Found this comment in some code I am porting to CFFI:

; Seems like ff-defun-callable should be executed every time.
; In OpenMCL, loading .dfsl file is not enough.

ff-defun-callable was my creation when UFFI did not handle callbacks. It was
like UFFI in that it Just Wrapped native Lisp implementation FFI callback
syntax.

Uhhhh... if I am using CFFI, can I just code defcallback at the toplevel and
invoke get-callback at runtime when passing the callback to the library?

Existing code calls a defun which executes ff-defun-callable each time the
app runs.

kt