[cells-gtk-devel] Allegro 8.0 GUI multithreading

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:20:01 UTC 2009

Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> thanks a lot for the comprehensive description.  I am quite busy right
> now, but I will look into it.  This will entail me installing Allegro
> on my win xp office machine, and as I am quite busy right now, it
> might take a few days (possibly until the weekend) until I get round
> to it.  Sorry about that.
>
> I have a hunch that it is connected to the g_thread_supported func, so
> my first shot would be to recompile the dll on windows with the new
> functions (since I do not have windows on my development box, I never
> did that).  I am not a really a windows person, so I don't even know
> which tools to use, but we'll see ...
>
> I also remember reading that there was some issue with gdk/gtk and
> threading on windows in general, and that there was something special
> to take care of -- but since I was solely on linux and writing a
> thesis, I had other things on my mind.
>
> I'll get back to you in a few days.

I can confirm that I could only run a cells-gtk test once under
ACL/win32 and then I had to kill the Lisp.

As for win32 C/C++ tools:

- The whole cygwin stack for a unix-y experience
- Microsoft VC++ express or whatever they call it now
- Something that uses Mingw but installs nicely so I never knew that
till I just wen here to find a link:

     http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Thx fer keeping your hand in on Cells-Gtk, Peter. Today I am looking at
cloning Celtk into CellsQX where qooxdoo is the backend. Could be Web
2.0 heaven.

kenneth