[cells-gtk-devel] Patches

roberto roby.giana at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 29 09:49:30 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 8:20:37 pm Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
> I am pretty confident we can make this work.  Plus, you'll learn quite a
> bit on the way, I hope :-)

Hi again, Peter!
Maybe, I've done a little bit confusion in my attempt to drive a Ferrari when
I always drive a bicycle.... ;)

> >> - Does (start-app 'test-gtk) work?  Or is it broken, too? (start-app is
> >> the non-threading part, start-win is the threading part)  Note that you
> >> have to restart sbcl before you switch from one to the other. (This is a
> >> GTK issue, GTK is not prepared for something dynamic like lisp.  When
> >> you do C, you restart your app for every little test anyway.  In Lisp,
> >> you have your app running as long as your lisp session lasts.  This is
> >> quite tricky)
> >
> > (start-app 'test-gtk) give me the same error message (also after I
> > recompile all):
> > The function CELLS-GTK: :GTK-TREE-STORE-SET-CELL is undefined.
> >       [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]
>
> Did you check whether gtk-tree-store-set-cell appears in
> gtk-ffi/package.lisp?

The problem was here! As I said, I patched everything by hand, but.....yes, I
admit: I'M GUILTY!!!! I missed this line.....  :)
 #:gtk-tree-store-set-cell
Now everythings works fine! Thank you, Peter, and also thank's to
Roerd , for his answer. Now I try something by myself, and maybe (not,
sure..  ;) ), I come back here to ask you other silly questions....
Cheers,
Roberto