[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk on clisp (win32)

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:53:58 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Draggor <draggor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get cells-gtk to work on clisp for win32, and here's
> what ends up happening.
>
> If I freshly unzip the cells-gtk 2006-02-16 tarball, and then run
> clisp and do (load "load"), it will work just fine, and I'll be able
> to run the demo.

I've just tried the latest one and it doesn't even get that far.  It
loaded fine but the call to g-thread-init failed with

FUNCALL: undefined function NIL
   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

Here's the output with debug enabled....

CL-USER> (test-gtk:gtk-demo t)

Calling (g-thread-init #<FOREIGN-ADDRESS #x00000000>)

There's a comment in gtk-ffi.lisp about some code enabling us to call
(g-thread-init +c-null+).  It seems this doesn't work on clisp.

Cheers,
Andy