[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk newbie problem nr 2: Unable to close app

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Tue Oct 9 09:22:08 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 21:29, Johan Ur Riise wrote:
> Since MY-APP (se prev message) inherits from GTK-APP, and GTK-APP has this:
>    :on-delete-event (lambda (self widget event data)
>
>                       (declare (ignore self widget event data))
>                       (signal 'gtk-user-signals-quit)
>                       0)
>
> ..., I expected that the function RUN-MY-APP should return when I close the
> application window. (I run RUN-MY-APP in the REPL in SLIME).
> But it does not, instead I get "window is not responding" from the window
> manager with an option to terminate the sbcl process.
>
> I have also tried variations with (gtk-widget-destroy widget) and
> (gtk-main-quit). This closes the window, but I have to kill the function
> twice with c-c c-c, and it is not possible to start it again in the same
> image.
>
> What is the correct way to stop the app?

Investigating further with debug on, I get this when closing the window

Calling (gtk-widget-destroy #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X080AA848))
  (gtk-widget-destroy #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X080AA848)) returns NIL

Then after c-c and selecting restart "give-up-cleanly", some more widgets are
destroyed (my menu I guess) then I get this endlessly:

Calling (gtk-main-level )
  (gtk-main-level ) returns 1
Calling (gtk-main-quit )
  (gtk-main-quit ) returns NIL