[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk newbie problem no 1: style warning "can't find type for specializer MY-APP" when compiling defmodel

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Mon Oct 8 19:09:09 UTC 2007

I have installed cells via asdf-install, and cells-gtk from cvs. My lisp is
SBCL 1.0.10.33

This program just displays a top-level window with no functionality. The
test-gtk program from the distribution does not have this problem, but in
that case the symbol test-gtk is used for the asdf system-name.
Program follows, then the full error message. If I compile again, there is no
warnings.

(require 'cells-gtk)

(defpackage :my-package
  (:use :common-lisp :pod :cells :gtk-ffi :cells-gtk)
  (:export RUN-MY-APP) )

(in-package :my-package)

(defmodel my-app (gtk-app)
  ()
  (:default-initargs))

(defun run-my-app (&optional dbg)
  (cells-gtk-init)
  (cells-gtk:start-app 'my-app :debug dbg))

-+  Style Warnings (2)
 |-- can't find type for specializer MY-APP in
 |   SB-PCL::PARAMETER-SPECIALIZER-DECLARATION-IN-DEFMETHOD.
 `-- --> PROGN PROG1 LET LET DEFMETHOD PROGN EVAL-WHEN
     ==>
       (SB-PCL::%DEFMETHOD-EXPANDER SHARED-INITIALIZE (:AFTER)
                                    ((CELLS:SELF MY-PACKAGE::MY-APP)
                                     CELLS::SLOT-NAMES &REST CELLS::IARGS
&KEY)
                                    ((DECLARE
                                      (IGNORE CELLS::SLOT-NAMES CELLS::IARGS))
                                     (UNLESS (TYPEP
CELLS:SELF 'CELLS::MODEL-OBJECT)
                                       (ERROR
                                        "If no superclass of ~a inherits
directly
     or indirectly from model-object, model-object must be included as a
direct super-class in
     the defmodel form for ~a"
                                        'MY-PACKAGE::MY-APP 'MY-PACKAGE::MY-APP))))
     (in macroexpansion of (SB-PCL::%DEFMETHOD-EXPANDER SHARED-INITIALIZE
# ...))
     (hint: For more precise location, try *BREAK-ON-SIGNALS*.)