[cells-gtk-devel] cannot load "load.lisp"

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Mon Jun 19 19:19:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Vinay Reddy wrote:

>> asdf.lisp must be in that tarball, too. Load that, and then load all
>> the files with .asd extension in the cffi directory (this is not the
>> usual procedure, but never mind), and say
>>
>> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :cffi)
>>
>> If that works, try
>>
>> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :cffi-tests)
>>
>> But wait! For this, you may need the rt (regression test) package,
>> it's here: http://files.b9.com/rt/rt.tar.gz It's got its own .asd
>> file, load that, too.
>>
>> > I seem to be the only one with the FFI problem... I compiled my clisp
>> > from source (version 2.38). I even tried using --with-dynamic-ffi with
>> > the configure script, but that didn't help.
>>
>> You still didn't tell us what CLISP says to (find-package "FFI").
>
> Sorry about that. CLISP also returns NIL to that.

Hmmm, what's your OS? The CLISP doc says that FFI is "Platform
Dependent: Many UNIX, Win32 platforms only." Anyway, if there's no
FFI, don't bother with testing cffi; it won't work.

> With sbcl I was able to do a (load "load") successfully, but on

So you got around the foreign library loading problem. Great!

> running (test-gtk::gtk-demo), I get a memory fault error.
>
> debugger invoked on a SB-KERNEL::MEMORY-FAULT-ERROR in thread
> #<THREAD "initial thread" {10022BFC31}>:
> memory fault
>
> Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.
>
> restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
> 0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.
>
> (SB-KERNEL::MEMORY-FAULT-ERROR)

I have no idea why this happens.  Did you compile your SBCL? Can you
run its self-tests? (You need the SBCL sources for this.)

Andras