[cells-gtk-devel] cannot load "load.lisp"

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Mon Jun 19 01:50:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Vinay Reddy wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried clisp on a linux machine, and didn't have a problem but that
>> doesn't prove too much. It says it can't find the package FFI. FFI is the
>> name of a clisp package.  It seems to be missing from your lisp image.
>> What
>> do you get when you evaluate (use-package "FFI") ? I suppose it tells you
>> again that it can't find FFI.
>
> Where do I get the FFI package? I googled but didn't find anything proper...

FFI is the Foreign Function Interface in CLISP. Depending on your
platform, either you have it in your CLISP image, or you can't have it
at all... See http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#dffi

But: you didn't answer Peter's question. So what does your CLISP say
for (use-package "FFI") (or (find-package "FFI"))?

> I tried cells-gtk-2006-02-16.tgz and cells-gtk-2006-01-03.tgz, both of
> which give the FFI package error. Does FFI have to be added in
> separately?

No.

Is the cffi package there in the tarball you downloaded? Can you try
to run its test-suite?

Andras