[cells-gtk-devel] Use of :initform c? and c-in

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Sun Oct 2 00:23:52 UTC 2005

Hi kenny, et al.,

I was just updating the cells-gtk documentation. I am wondering whether I
answered this question about using :initform with c? versus c-in correctly,

Q: What is the difference between using c-in and c? in a slot's :initform ?
A: The usual semantics of :initform do not apply when :initform is given a c?
rule. Instead of just setting the value at initialization, when c? is used,
the value of the slot is checked and updated using the rule throughout
program execution.

If you have the time, take a look at the answer to "What is Cells?" too.
See: http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/faq.html

BTW, I will soon be rolling out some new capabilities with cells-gtk,
including GtkDrawingArea, and bindings for the GDK primitives for drawing. I
hope to have a demo that presents a graph and uses cells to update the edges
as the user drags the nodes around.

I also have a cells-gtk "lisp listener" (or, more usefully, some custom
command shell) in the works.

--
- Best regards,
   Peter