[cells-gtk-devel] New cells-gtk capabilities and new tarball]

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Tue May 31 16:40:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 rm at seid-online.de wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:36:15PM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
>>

>> That's the problem. There's no foo.so, only foo.so.0.1.23
>> What should CMUCL and ACL load?
>
> That's usually a rather clear sign for a broken istallation. Who
> (what program) installed  foo.so.0.1.23? Did the installation process

rpm on Fedora, apt-get (I guess) on the Debian boxes I have access to.

> not run /sbin/ldconfig after installing foo.so.0.1.23?

No idea. But ldconfig -v says

libgtk-1.2.so.0 -> libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1

not

libgtk-1.2.so -> libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1

I don't know if it's ldconfig's job to create these symlinks, but I'd
also think that creating them should be part of the installation
process. On the other hand, I'd be surprised if the rpm and deb
packages shared a (packaging) bug.

Andras