[cells-gtk-devel] Need help with FreeBSD installation

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 10 14:56:26 UTC 2005

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking to try cells-gtk and I'm have trouble getting it installed.
>Here's my system:
>
>DragonFlyBSD (like FreeBSD-4.x)
>CMUCL Lisp
>gtk-2.8.?
>
>I was running (load "load") and got an error that it couldn't find libgtk.

Here is where "load" is looking:

(let ((libpath (cond ((directory "/usr/lib/libgtk*") "/usr/lib/")
                     ((directory "/opt/gnome/lib/libgtk*")
"/opt/gnome/lib/"))))
  (if libpath
     <else>   (error "Cannot find a path containing libgtk")))

Where exactly do you have libgtk? Anyway, the idea is simply to get the
above code working, either by moving libgtk or by tweaking your copy of
the code (and possibly submitting a patch if you think others would
benefit).

hth, kt