[cells-gtk-devel] Re: [cells-devel] Next Steps

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun May 8 02:39:11 UTC 2005

Peter Denno wrote:

>On Saturday 07 May 2005 17:30, Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>>No, come to think of it second will be some easier work:
>>
>>(a) a check that Cells is not *stop*ped, which will be avoidable with a
>>new special I will set when working under typical window manager
>>environments (a long story, wherein the app cannot be successfully
>>killed because the IDE keeps allowing OS events thru to application
>>windows).
>>

>This sounds good. I think we in cells-gtk-land are suffering from something
>like this.

Oh, tell me more. I have had to wrestle these things to the ground time
and again. You all are likely dealing with a Lisp thru the Slime or
ILisp intermediary, which will complicate things. The good news is that
it just takes a few days of intense head-banging and then everything is
under control. As Lispniks the ability to stop and start gracefully is
not something we can relinquish, full stop.

Don't hesitate to check with me if you are getting hung up on normally
survivable backtraces.

kt

--
Cells? Cello?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cells-Gtk?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd