[cells-gtk-devel] Re: [cells-devel] cells-gtk status

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Fri May 6 18:24:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I agree with Kenny's assessment. One note: If you are using cells-gtk under
windows (and not clisp) then Martin Svenson points out that you need this one
patch (not in the tarball).

Martin's email:

Hi.

I was trying to get cells-gtk working with Allegro CL 7.0 and discovered
a small error in the #+win32 part of gtk-ffi.lisp

(defun libname (lib)
   #+(or win32 mswindows)
   (concatenate 'string
     "/Program Files/Common Files/GTK/2.0/bin/"
     (ecase lib
       (:gobject "libgobject-2.0-0.dll")
       (:glib "libglib-2.0-0.dll")
       (:gthread "libgthread-2.0-0.dll")
       (:gdk "libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll")
       (:cgtk "libcellsgtk")))

The (:gtk "libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll") clause is missing. After adding
that, it works like a charm.

Thank you, I look forward to updates and more examples! :-)

// Martin.

On Friday 06 May 2005 14:05, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> >Would it be possible for someone on the list to clue us in on the
> >status of Cells-gtk now that there is a new version of Cells?
> >
> >A while ago there was a lot of email traffic that seemed to be
> >concerned with this issue, but as a newcomer, I really didn't follow
> >it.  It SEEMED like there was some version skew, but I didn't
> >understand.
>
> As I understand it, the folks in cells-gtk maintain a tarball known to
> have everything you need, including cells and utils-kt, isoloating the
> crew from any tossing and turning in the Cells world.
>
> My understanding was that cells-gtk worked OK with cells after a tweak
> or two, but I might be mistaken, and at any rate they will not pull
> Cells-2 into the tarball without making sure it all works. Note, btw,
> that cells-gtk already uses a version including the new technology of
> cells-2, just not the actual source release that Mr. Brudick made.
>
> ie, Just grab the tarball and you probably do not need to worry about
> any cells-2 release issues.
>
> kenny

- Best regards,
   Peter