[cells-devel] Triple Cells: AllegroGraph 4.5 "porting"

Frank Goenninger frgo at me.com
Mon Mar 19 22:04:56 UTC 2012

Am 19.03.2012 um 15:47 schrieb Kenneth Tilton:

> On 3/18/2012 5:53 PM, Frank Goenninger wrote:
>> Hi Kenny,
>>
>> I just began using Triple Cells. We have planned a rather large AllegroGraph-based implementation and as a fan of Cells I am porting Triple Cells to AllegroGraph 4.5.
>
> Great. I love the data model (and you know I love Cells). On my project we have a PostGres table called "triple". Only problem is the object column because SQL does not like untyped columns (so I create object columns for any type I need to store <g>).

Wow - I thought BLOBs would be the way to go. For PostgreSQL, it's this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-binary.html

[snip]

>> 0>  3c-cell-pulse: sp =  nil
>> 0>  3c-cell-pulse: sp is NIL !
>>
>> It would help if you could shed some light on this ...
>
> Not sure I follow the output, but that could be because I have not looked at triplecells in ages. I do not even have that source on this laptop!
>
> Big Q: the above looks like it is from the Hello World example/test. Yes?

It is! I just instrumented it a bit with lots of calls to #'trc.

> Is sp the current datapulse?

Yes, as in:

(defun 3c-cell-pulse (c)
  (trc "3c-cell-pulse: c = " c)
  (let ((sp (get-sp c !ccc:pulse)))
    (trc "3c-cell-pulse: sp = " sp)
    (if sp
      (progn
        (let ((object (object sp)))
          (trc "3c-cell-pulse object" object)
          object)) ;; <<<<----- This is the datapulse, I assume ...
      (progn
        (trc "3c-cell-pulse: sp is NIL !")
        (break)))))

It is right at the first time #'3c-cell-pulse is called when it fails... I am still trying to wrap my head around your use of subject, predicate, object in 3c ;-) It get's pretty "anonymous" with all those "anon" blank nodes ...

> I notice your log does not include that, and I would think that would be interesting (unless of course as it seems the whole history is one pulse <g>)

I /think/ it's one pulse (there's only one call to #'3c-pulse-advance)...

> I can try looking at this tonight. Are you free to send me your triple cells project so I have your diagnostics (and just to be sure we are debugging the same thing)?

Sure - see attachment. I suggest you unzip it somewhere and wade through it ;-) The main files are ccagcore/object-store.lisp and the triple-cells files, of course.

> Good to hear from you!
>
> ken

Ha, seems as if you're kind of busy these days. Would love to meet with you some time - do you plan to go to ILC this year ?

Cheers
   Frank