[cells-devel] Cells & Clozure CL

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:46:51 UTC 2009

Sounds like a very interesting project (plus, pleasing to the eye :-))

Incidentially, I used cells for a similar (albeit much smaller)
project recently. I wrote a graphic, interactive editor for Bayes Nets
and Petri Nets and used cells for two purposes:

a) Interactive editing:  The graph can be changed via drag and drop,
and if a node is moved, the connecting edges follow suit (I took this
idea to its extremes, for example defining each arrowhead as a filled
triangle whose rotation and position are tied to the line representing
the edge -- or the marking of each node is drawn as filled circles
defined in relation to the position of the node)

b) Constant updates of the visual:  Whenever the underlying mathematic
model is updated, the drawn graph immediately changes as well, given
that the relevant properties of the visual primitives (angles, colors,
lengths, positions) are linked to the variables in the underlying
mathematic model  (and thus you could have the model update in the
background (threads) and have a node change while it is being dragged
along)

All this was built on cells and worked pretty nicely :-)

Just a random bit of information

-- Peter