[cells-devel] adopt-ct ? Meaning ?

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:31:28 UTC 2009

Frank Goenninger wrote:
> Hi Kenny, all:
>
> I am wondering what the meaning of slot adopt-ct really is ... What
> does it / what should it do?

That is just a debugging aid to detect when someone already adopted gets
adopted again because of some hairy/crazy logic I might be guilty of --
generally a miscoded rule building a tree where a grandparent tries to
take a grandkid as a kid.

And that code might vary from time to time since I have been known to
detach kids and reattach them elsewhere (ie, it is cool to be adopted
more than once).

Looking at the usages now it could just be a boolean, but I think I was
taking a broader view and did not want to lock in any presumptions. Not
really sure on that. Likewise for just looking to see if I already have
a parent.