[cells-devel] bug in celtk

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:45:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Kenneth Tilton<kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would just leave the problem extant, by finding some other way to
> dispatch commands. I may DL and try myself later. Did you grab from CVS
> recently? Or, better: zip up your copy and send me that so we are looking at
> the same code for sure.

Yeah but I think that may be the cause of the problem.  Consider this
bit from the
Tcl docs

> Tcl_CreateCommand defines a new command in interp and associates it with procedure proc such that whenever cmdName is invoked as a Tcl command __(via a call to Tcl_Eval)__ the Tcl interpreter will call proc to process the command.

vs

> Tcl_CreateObjCommand defines a new command in interp and associates it with procedure proc such that whenever name is invoked as a Tcl command (e.g., via a call to Tcl_EvalObjEx) the Tcl interpreter will call proc to process the command.

How is Tcl going to know to invoke do-on-command using Tcl_Eval rather
than Tcl_EvalObjEx?

You can grab a zip of my current working directory at the link below.

http://github.com/cddr/celtk/zipball/master

Cheers,
Andy