[cells-devel] bug in celtk

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:38:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Frank Goenninger<frgo at me.com> wrote:
> Hi Kenny, hi Andy,
>
> Am 14.08.2009 um 16:07 schrieb Kenneth Tilton:
>
>> I do not have that code over here. Maybe FG committed something.
>
> I did. But that just extended the number of Mouse Button Down handlers
> (on-mouse-...). Also I do not see this behaviour in my Celtk copy. I always
> get on-command fired immediately.

What version of tcl/tk are you using?  If you're on 8.4, this could confirm my
theory.

My own copy has diverged somewhat from that in CVS so it's equally likely this
is a problem of my own making :-)

I sent an example earlier but forgot to CC the list.  I'll re-attach it here...

(defmd test-buttons (window)
 (title$ "My Buttons")
 (kids (c? (the-kids
            (mk-stack (:packing (c?pack-self))
              (mk-stack ()
                (loop for button-id in '(a b c)
                   collect
                   (let ((id button-id))
                     (mk-button-ex ((symbol-name id) (format t
"hitting button: ~a" id)))))))))))

If you click "A", then "B", then "C", the console will print...

;;nothing when you click "A"
"hitting button: A" ;;when you click "B"
"hitting button: B" ;;when you click "C"