[cells-devel] Added an eval-now! to defmodel to suppress SBCL warnings

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:43:31 UTC 2008

> Probably a better fix would be to refactor so any (^macros) (which is where
> I get my warnings, when they appear in rules supplied as defaults with the
> class definition) are defined first so they will be available:
>
> (progn <define macros> (prog1 <define class> <define methods on class))

Makes sense -- but I am quite busy, too, at the moment, so this will
have to wait :-)

> Another thing I want to do is change those (^macros) to be ^macros (symbol
> macros expanding to the same thing) now that they are zero-argument macros

Thought about that, too. But ...

> Anyway, I have an app to write, this interim patch is fine.

exactly :-)

> ps. What /were/ the style warnings? k

Real warnings, actually they were, one per slot plus one for the
shared-initialize, telling me that there are methods specializing on
an unknown class.

I tend to take those seriously, because usually they point to a typo
somewhere.  So does SLIME by highlighting the defmd form in red
everytime I compile for the first time.

Now I get style warnings for redefining stuff (probably the eval-now!
executes stuff twice), but it is much easier to ignore those than the
real warnings about an undefined class.

Peter