[cells-devel] celtk notebook widget

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:33:37 UTC 2008

> > On a separate note,  I was having trouble getting the latest versions
> > of cells and celtk to play nicely together.  I reverted back to cells
> > from March to work on this stuff since that's when I was last working
> > on my expander widget.  I'll investigate the problems and try to
> > provide some more useful input later this week.
> >

>  This rings a bell. I tripped up Peter with a change that tightened things
> up. Peter, do you remember what that was? I think it was the change
> distinguishing the list of "askers" and the idea of the dependent Cell, such
> that ask cycles got detected even where one had used without-c-dependency
> (perhaps by calling fm-other).

Yep, I remember there was something like that, but IIRC you modified
the cycle-detection code in cells to address this issue.

Off the top of my head (Disclaimer: I might mix things up here), Ken
identified some recently introduced constrained in cells which
collided with the way menus were instantiated in cells-gtk.

Andy, if you could send us a more detailed description of the problem,
that might help trigger our recollection from the cells-gtk3
migration.

Peter